As I was reading a blog from one of my new blog friends today with great interest I pondered the question "Are we almost there?" She was talking about the cancer journey and every time you think you are "almost there" there seems to be one more thing, one more test one more something which reminded me of when I was a child taking a car drive.
You see there were seven kids in our family in which I was the oldest. We had a red station wagon with the back seat facing the front of the car behind us. Our family lived in Madison, Wisconsin and all of the relatives lived in Detroit, Michigan. Twice a year we would pile in that station wagon and head on the long trip (maybe 6 or 8 hours) to our destination. We would no sooner get in the car than someone would ask "Are we there yet?" "No" my mom and dad replied in one voice! "Just sit back and relax!" Relax I thought. Who can relax when you are squished in the middle seat with a sister and brothers arms touching you? Our "home" destination was Detroit, Michigan because that was our real home, not Madison, Wisconsin which was my dad's temporary work assignment. So how does that apply to my spiritual walk?
Relax in the Father's arms I am reminded today and we are almost there. One day we will see our Father in all of his glory as he is driving the car homeward bound. Not our earthly home but our heavenly home. I don't think it matters if you have cancer, some other disease, or no disease. We are all headed for some destination. We encounter others who are on the same journey "touching each other" so we know we are not alone. How we choose to effect one another is our choice. To build up one another or tear one another down is our choice. To encourage or to discourage is our choice. To be in life or to sit on the sidelines and watch life go by is our choice. To accept God's grace or reject it is our choice.
Thank you Lord that I am not home yet. Help me to choose to be an instrument of your Love and Peace today, all day!
Running the race renewed in strength. Luann
3 comments:
Luann,
Your post is beautiful and such a great reminder. One more thing in common--I am the oldest of seven children. Good luck with your Muga, etc...praying for ya!~k.
ps. thanks for the encouraging note!
Kim you have got to be kidding. You are the oldest of 7??? We had 5 girls 2 boys! Muga scan was a bust. They could not get my vain after 6 tries and a totally bruised arm. They did an ecogram (I think) and the woman who did my test said I know I am not suppose to tell you but your heart looks good. Hang in there sister!
Beauiful, beautiful, beautiful post today Luann, and you are a natural story-teller!
Post a Comment