This round of chemo really kicked my rear! I have been so darn weak in my legs this time due to the after shot they give me. Well throughout the chemo I have committed not to letting myself become a couch potato which has been difficult at times. And when you live up in the mountains and have cold weather I do the CD Leslie Sansone Walk away the Pounds in doors. My goal is to run well maybe run and walk a 5 K when this is all done. I want to be more healthy than I was before I got this little itty bitty challenge and annoyance called cancer.
I was devastated on Sunday when I tried to do one mile and my legs just gave out...well keep trying they say and I tried the CD again on Monday and could actually do the two mile walk. Not totally strong but hey I finished! Isn't that just like God he always encourages us to keep going, building on the "muscle that is already there". He wants our bodies strong. So this morning I just want to say Thank you and show a bit of Gratitude to the one who holds my life in the palm of his hand. My Lord who actually holds the entire universe. Wow! Now that is a pretty amazing thought.
I am grateful for everything I have that comes from you God. Some of the things that come to my mind are my job to provide income, put food clothing shelter for us, my husband who took care of me all weekend when I was down and out, my daughter who came up and took me to chemo this week, the neighbor who calls me to see how I am doing and brought me chicken noodle soup, the countless people who pray for me and my family..we have had our share of trials from baby Asher age on surgery to Mike's surgery (Asher's dad) on his spine. They never get tired of my emails asking for prayer and respond so kindly with words of encouragement. For work that lets me work at home when I just can't make it, for an assistant at work who does his best to hold down the fort. An annoying brother and sister who keep bugging me "it is only two more to go!"
God when I think about it your provisions far exceed my expectations and all I can do is say thank you! It is amazing when we start looking on the gratitude side. What is on your mind today. What are you grateful for? Talk it out loud. You will be amazed at how good it will make you feel!
Keep running your race! Luann
2 comments:
Well Luann I am grateful that I have a thinking mind. Today is my first day back at school. Can you believe that I STILL get nervous on the first day of classes? Ridiculous!
Karen
Absolutely not! I am so proud of you lil sis for continuing on in getting that degree. You are sure Running the Race :)
Post a Comment