Aug. 6, 2009 I sent an email entitled "You won't believe this prayer request" to a group of my close friends. Just a few hours earlier I had a mammogram and ultrasound on my right breast. As I sat staring at the ultrasound machine looking at this big black thing that appeared I thought "This doesn't look good Luann" and a few minutes later my thoughts were confirmed by Doctor Weise. I said "So Doc, what do you think?" "I think you have breast cancer and we need a needle biopsy." What????
To any person, I am just your average 55 year old woman, my life has certainly had it's ups and downs all in all everything seemed to work out. well. I will tell you I am a believer in Jesus Christ who has certainly been with me through these ups and downs but I certainly didn't think I was prepared for this next opportunity in my life. My sister in law said "God cho0se you for this special mission that no one else can do like you." Thanks! :)
Looking back, much seems like a blur. Thank goodness I decided to journal this journey because I felt somehow this was going to be a really winding road. See Gods track record with me has always showed me he is faithful. So why would he stop? His word says He works all things out to the good for those who love and are called according to his purpose. Still I was just not sure how this whole thing was going to work out. One day at a time I guess!
It doesn't matter if you have just been given "the shock of a diagnosis of breast cancer" or if you are encountering a twist in the road of life that you didn't anticipate then this blog is for you.
You see in the midst of this thing we call life I want my blog to give you encouragement the hand of God will get us through! Now I am not saying that I am perfect or have all the answers but just want to share some cool things God is doing! Leaving all of the results to Him! Luann
1 comment:
Mom, great job with this! And I get to be the first commenter! :) I am so proud of you on this journey and I know God is going to CONTINUE to use this every step of the way. I will look foreword and so will others to see you living out this journey through your writing on this blog. Be you, Be real, Be vulnerable and let God do His thing through you. I love you and I'm proud to call you my Mom! ;)
Post a Comment