Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel.

This walk through cancer has been interesting. For the past 5 mos I have at times felt like I am in this black hole never feeling quite normal...However, being obedient to what is almost like an oxmoron to me - Chemo therapy to help me get well. (Pumping poison into my body to kill good and bad cells) and significant adjusting my life to protecting my body from germs, managing the fatigue etc. However grateful I am to what transformation is occurring within my soul through this.

Anyway, I had an ah ha moment yesterday at work. Looking at the master calender on the wall in my office talking to my HR Assistant (by the way who has been one of those provisions that God has given me during this cancer journey) the thought occurred that I only have two chemo's left. Is it possible I will begin to "feel better" and my life will somehow get back to "normal" what ever that may be. Is there such a thing as normal..not quite so sure on that one.

There is a caveat here... in the very near future I still have to make decisions on radiation, (how much) pills they want me to take as maintenance..continuation of Herceptin for 6 more months and how to I once and for all implement a life style of positive change in diet and getting prepared to actually run or walk a 5 k walk as a celebration of life!

I have so much gratitude for so many things I find it hard to contain myself! For you my dear friends who have prayed me through..and continue to do this. For my God has been absolutely glorious through all of this and there are some learning's that I don't ever want to forget like attending to God's word doesn't mean the bible sits on my table but it is active. I got to know Gods word!

God's gentle nudge ..push :) to show me how important our physical and spiritual bodies are...and he expects us to take care of our bodies. God heals...there are over 50 scriptures/promises that talk about how Jesus went about healing. Regarding eating, Junk in is junk out. Prayer changes things - all we need to do is "just do it!" Life is meant to do it in partnership with people. God loves me and cares for me so much that if I were the only one on this earth when he died he would have done it for me. I am still comprehending that. I am learning to love unconditionally. God is teaching me and I love it!

What has been your "light at the end of the tunnel" moment and did it turn out how you expected?

As I was reading in Come Away my Beloved "Faith and Actions" I close with this, Never be taken by surprise when I use you to change a pattern. Do not judge a man by what he appears to be but see him as what he can be if he gives himself unreservedly to Me.

Grateful to keep running this race! Luann

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome,Luann! Isn't amazing how far you have come?! When I run I can't think about how many miles are left to go, lest I grow weary and discouraged. I console myself instead with the thought of how many miles I have put behind me. This is such a metaphor life! Keep moving forward...

I am inspired by your strength and I continue to pray for you. I look forward to standing with you at the start line of that 5K one day!

Karen said...

Luann, I really believe you will know the right thing to do at the right time.

I set a goal every day to walk 10,000 steps, and I acheive my goal each day by taking one step at a time. You get what I mean?

I am really thinking about that 5K.

Love and a happy day to you.
Karen

Running the race said...

Thanks Jessi and Karen I get and agree with what you are saying! Looking at what we have done really does keep it in perspective and can keep us going. Karen/Jessi would love to have you beside me when we do that first 5 K after Chemo!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

hi mimi its taylor i love your blog i want mine to be like yours when i grow uplove taylor

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

hi its hope i love your blog so much

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Mom, keep moving foreword! You are on the right track! We will all run together! You can do it! :)

Sarah Martin said...

Mama Chev,
You inspire me! Keep up the faith and keep blogging about it=I LOVE IT!

STILL PRAYING FOR YOU!
love,
sarah

Running the race said...

You all just made my day! I am really trying to direct my efforts into something positive and appreciate your comments! Taylor I can help you make your blog when your mom says it is time. Hope I love you too! With God nothing is impossible.