The song "This is the Day" tells us this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. The song indicates I have a choice to be happy and look for the little things that God is doing. Hence the title "God Hunt!"
Today is the only day we have if you think about it because tomorrow is promised to no one. This is true whether you have cancer or not. So I am reminded to do something with it today!
You see I have been quite fatigued and find myself having difficulty focusing which I guess is why I have been an absent blog writer for the last few weeks.
God Hunt #1
I can write! So for this 5:00 AM moment I feel like I have a brain so I will write. I am amazed by the mercies I have been afforded over the past weeks!
God Hunt #2
Radiation...I had a total of 20 to begin with. Then I learned that I only had 16. This week I will end radiation on Friday and do the happy dance! The reason for the 16 was to finish the initial treatment. The doctor was not sure I would make it through the 16 without being burned so did not schedule it. Upon examination she was amazed at the fact there was only a slight hint of pink on my breast. I think that has to do with A..prayer of protection, B..Radiation oil from the acupuncture doc for burning and C...Aloe Vera every day from the plant!
God Hunt #2
Relay for Life was amazing! Our plant raised over $2400 which was quite a bit over the original goal of $500! My soul was renewed as I decided to do the survivor walk with a precious lady in our plant who has Lung Cancer. As we walked around the circle of Mars Hill College the reminders of those who have gone on before us indicated by all of the white bags with candles in them was a reminder that life is precious and cancer is an ugly disease that needs to go away!

The End of The Race.. Marshall "Bags" Cancer!

God Hunt #4 - My daughter and her family came up to visit this weekend. The reality of cancer for me has been a year of not really seeing them mostly due to the treatment = low white counts, low red counts, and no energy.
Here is Taylor, Hope and Kennedy. We had a great time this weekend going to Fun Depot but before we played we needed to get the garden in the ground.

As I write this I am thankful for all the blessings I've been afforded! Wishing you a great week! Try going on a God Hunt this week and look for the unexpected things! Little things that show us God is alive and still interested in us!
Running the Race thankful that I have today! Luann
5 comments:
What a lovely, hopeful and uplifting post Luann! Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm for life, love and God. I will carry your thoughts with me and go on my own God Hunt today:)
Love, Your blogging sister, Deb
You look great! Your smile says it all. Glad i read you post today. Somedays I forget i need to do it today and not wait for tomorrow:) Yay for a great weekend. Yay for taking care of your skin!!
Cindy
fighting like a girl
What a great blog to come home to after a busy day at work. Thanks for the reminder of a God hunt. Just think, next week at this time--you will be done!!!!! I was just talking to a new cancer patient and told her that there is no way around it...cancer sucks...but the beautiful thing is that God is there waiting for us every step of the way! Hope you can take some extra time this week to rest!
Luann, God went on a hunt for someone with a deep love for Him, and He found you. Thanks so much for lifting me up and reminding me of "This is the Day." I love it when we sing that at church. Afterward, I find my self singing it all week, and now I'm sure it will stay with me this week.
Blessings,
Brenda
Debbie, Cindy, Kim and Brenda, thank you so much for your encouragement. I am amazed at the power of this social network of blogging sisters!
Another God Hunt Find! You all have been such a blessing as we travel this journey together. Thanks so much for caring!
Post a Comment